Tips and Tricks - Microsoft Office Word 2010
The Work menu in Word
You probably create numerous Word documents each day, so imagine this scenario: There are several documents you know you will want to return to but, by that time, they have filtered through your 'recent' documents and are now in some default location. Typically you go looking for them. The Work menu in Word can save a lot of time. Here's how:
- On the Tools menu, click Customize and then click the Commands tab
- Under Categories, click Built-in menus and then from under Commands, drag the Work menu to your toolbar
- To add a file to the Work menu, open the file, click the Work menu, and then click Add to Work Menu
- To access a file you've already added, click the Work menu and then click the file name
- To delete a file from that menu, press Ctrl+Alt+-, and when your mouse cursor turns into a minus sign, click the Work menu and then click the file you want to delete.